In Memory of the Halfway Deceased


I’ve never been good with surgeries. I’ve had a problematic body ever since I came out of the womb. My surgeries run from having the inside of my nose reconstructed from the inside (although I still have a deviated septum, which will result in a nose job sometime soon) to getting a spinal tap due to the possibility of meningitis when I was about eight months old. All in all, my surgeries usually cause more immediate damage. This was the same case when I got my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday.


When I walked into the oral surgeon’s office, I expected only two wisdom teeth to be taken out. That was not the case when I wake up from my anesthesia. I wake up with blood dripping from my mouth and unable to walk to my car. It was like I got drunk off too much tequila and took some acid at the same time. I don’t remember the drive back home, but I do recall lying on my bathroom floor for a while because I couldn’t properly stand. Eventually, I got into decent shape and my mom told me what happened.


The oral surgeon didn’t tell me, but he told my mom that he’d be taking out all four wisdom teeth, despite the lower two teeth had not grown in yet. This perturbed my mom, and both my mom and dad expected some hardships with this procedure. This was the case, because I wasn't breathing for a time while under anesthesia. I expect this to be a bit of a problem. That shouldn’t happen, right?


I blame someone at work for jinxing me, and also for inspiring me to give me a reason to post. For your troubles, I offer some songs on pain. Or the supernatural. Or dying. Not that I would’ve died while getting my wisdom teeth taken out. But, you never know.


FYI: I put up a picture of Jennifer Coolidge because that's how I looked yesterday. Good times.



MP3: ‘Yesterday’ – Atmosphere

MP3: ‘See That My Grave Is Kept Clean’ – B.B. King

MP3: ‘Bury Me With My Car’ – Ben Sollee

MP3: ‘Body in a Box’ – City and Colour

MP3 ‘Hospital Beds’ – Cold War Kids

MP3: ‘Name in Stone’ – Dead Man’s Bones

MP3: ‘Ghosts’ – Fanfarlo

MP3: ‘Ghosts Under Rocks’ – Ra Ra Riot

MP3: ‘Ghost Town’ – The Specials

0 comments:

Post a Comment