Jamaica is Nowhere Near Europe, Right?

Okay, I'm all for supporting rappers when they want to take on roles in Hollywood. Sure, their new jobs might screw with the quality of work on the musical front (helloooooo, Common, Universal Mind Control was only a 3.7/10 in my book). If it's part of your lifelong childhood dream, though, go for it. See if I care.

I have more of a problem with actors wanting to be rappers. Exhibit A: British actor Idris Elba, most known for his roles in The Wire, The Office and Obsessed has transformed into a Jamaican-jiving King Driis. Upon first listen, I'm a bit unsure about how I feel about this. While I want to tell him to throw back on a button-down, his swagger is somewhat sultry to my ears.


However, he can never trump Tom Hanks' rapping debut.

0 comments:

Post a Comment